Monday, November 1, 2010

International Friendship





A few posts ago I mentioned I had signed up with the IFQ and that they had an extensive program which anyone could participate in. The IFQ leaves it to the individual how involved they want to be. They have swaps, chatrooms, BOMs, Christmas programs, and so on. Have a look at their site by clicking on their logo which you will find upper left sidebar or the link above. I thought I would show you what I made in one of the programs offered called FOLDED STAR.
This pillow is a small 14" version with a single folded star in the centre. The pattern the IFQ supplied was for a larger 16" pillow with  4 folded stars in the centre. I changed the pattern slightly by adding the triangles in the corners to give the pillow a balanced look because I had only one folded star. This pillow was made with my car in mind. Another program I signed on for is an ongoing block swap. I will show you those blocks in the future when I have more as I've just recently signed up. That particular block swap you start by sending your partner a 4.5" square and she makes the actual block and sends it back to you. Everyone makes the same block pattern which is easy enough for a beginner to sew. I hope I've piqued your interest in taking a look. You might like what you find there.

THANK YOU
             I entered a giveaway put on by lovely Leona and I won! I'll show everyone in a post when the prize arrives. Thank you , Leona, for sponsoring the giveaway and your generosity.

7 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Great pattern for the pillow. Congrats on your win.

Sue said...

Love that cushion! You did a great job. I joined IFQ a while ago, but havent joined anything on it yet, but you have made me more interested now. Hugs n Blessings, Sue

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful pillow!! I just signed up to join the IFQ. I'm looking forward to getting involved!

crafty pug said...

congrats!! enjoy your prize! and great job with the cushion - looks very striking in those colours
xx

Millie said...

Great block for the pillow. The IFO sounds like a nice group, I have to check them out.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Congratulations on your win! You did a great job on your pillow, lots of kudos! Carolyn

Kate said...

Hi Brigitte...Thank you for stopping by my blog and your lovely comments..IFQ sounds interesting ,will have to check it out,,,Kate xx