Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thanksgiving

Our 24lb. Turkey
 Here in Canada we celebrated Thanksgiving and what a marvelous weekend it was. For us it is a time for family gatherings and lots of shameless over indulgence. I certainly did my part to make sure the practice continued. I had not one but two Thanksgiving meals and I don't mind telling you I was thankful (in more ways than one). My DH and I also contributed to the food bank drive so that others less fortunate could celebrate. This year will be a difficult one for food banks to make ends meet, I'm sure. The weather was another thing I was thankful for. It was so gorgeous, sunny and warm. How gorgeous do you ask? Well more gorgeous than a human should be allowed to have. My DH and I included a long walk (2.5 miles) in the local forest on Saturday so we would not miss out on the last of the beautiful colours. If you had asked me this weekend what I was thankful for I would have given you a short reply. I am thankful I can still get out of bed in the morning, with curiosity and anticipation, ready to tackle anything the day brings me.
this is "before" dinner
I thought I would leave you with a photo I took before dinner. I always like to take two. The "before" and "after" shots. I'm only showing you the "before" and keeping the "after" photo for myself. It's a private little thing I do. I want to be able to look back in later years and smile, knowing that a good time was had by all.
                                                  

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you. I'm thankful for each day as well.

crafty pug said...

so glad you had such a fantastic blessed day! thank you for sharing it! i also love the before and after shot idea - a great memory for years to come
xx

Raewyn said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend alright. it doesn't do us any harm to sit down and be thankful for what we do have and spare a thought or bit of time for those not as fortunate.